Hey y'all!
So I'm finally starting my journey first to San Francisco for a week then to Australia for a year! My last day in Victoria went by so ridiculously fast. I spent most of the day packing up the last of my life belongings into boxes to store in my parent's attic, visiting with Andrea ( as I packed ). In the evening I went for a nice walk around Thetis lake and went out to Basilico for dinner. I think as I was saying goodbye to my sister Emiko it finally started to hit me that I'm actually doing this! I'm actually leaving my home and going traveling for an undetermined amount of time ... And I'm doing it on my own! For the first time I am going to be totally and completely in charge of my own life. I am the only one who is determining what I'm going to do and where I'm going to do it. Wow. Anyway, last night I also got to see my best friend Cortney one last time before I left which was a little emotional, not gonna lie ... And then I went home to continue my packing.
It is sooooo hard to try and figure out what exactly I'm supposed to pack into my mini backpack and what do I pack away to sit in a box for a year. And what exactly am I supposed to do with all the random things that I've accumulated over the years. For example, a plastic gun that shoots up to 6 elastic bands .... I know random right? Oh well. I'm gonna have an awesome time going through all that stuff when I come back. Needless to say, definitely pulled an all-nighter last night and somehow was still running around my house doing last minute things. Classic procrastinator Sachi move.
So my Dad and I rushed to get the 9 o'clock ferry (a ferry ride that I completely slept through .... So much for my last ferry pictures ha ha) and then rushed to the airport for my 12:56 flight. And now here I am waiting in the terminal because I found out that my flight is now delayed till 4:05!!!! Dang.
On the brightside, I'm safe, I didn't miss my flight, and I can start this blogging stuff ha ha. I'm going to try to update this blog at least once a week ... We'll see how that goes ha ha. Sachi signing off!
Safe travels, dear cous! I look forward to reading all about it.
ReplyDelete