Holy moly folks ... This is really happening! Deeeeeeefinitely has not hit me yet. Even though I am sitting in Federation Square in Melbourne as we speak! Ha ha. Okay so I started this blog on Friday but couldn't finish it so I had to do it on my "notes" on my iPod so I'm going to copy paste that stuff .....
Blog
Well awesome .... Right now I am sitting in the San Francisco International Airport .... And I accidentally logged into the free wifi a long time ago and now ... Even though I haven't used it at all I can't log into it. Laaaame. So I guess this won't be posted until I'm in Australia! Holy moly.
So I'll give you a little break down of what I've been up to this past week in California.
As you know I was staying with my Grandma in her house in Kensington (close to Berkeley, which is close to San Francisco). It was so nice to spend time with her, not to mention all the rest of my relatives that I got to spend time with. The Bay Area has always been like a second home to me. I've spent many Christmases there and it really is a pretty awesome place. Anywho, I took it pretty easy this past week, like I said before last Saturday sleeping in going to the restaurant Lulu's in San Fran and going to see the Stanford women's volleyball team play USF. On Sunday I drove myself over to St. Mary Magdalen church, then did some errands including buying mew walking/hiking shoes! Which took waaaaay too long .... Damn my indecisiveness ... And then realized later that they weren't going yo work ha ha, then went home to Grandma and made some Tacos haha. On Monday I slept in ... So nice ... And then
went for lunch with my Aunt Toni and my grandma to a Jewish Delicatessan place called Saul's. So delish ... Mmmm then I did some errands, which included driving all over the place tryin to find some cheap new ear buds with a mic and remote for my iPod ... Fail. So I eventually went to the Apple store where I was informed that I would need to make an appointment to get replacement ear buds ... And there were no appointment openings until the next day! Ugh so lame. Then realized it was too late to get the other stuff I needed to get. Defeated I went home to grandma and I just chilled out. Typical evening ha ha. Then Tuesday Toni grandma and I went to lunch at T-Rex ... Very good as well ... And then they really spoiled me. We went to REI and Toni bought me a wonderful down jacket!!! Sooooo nice. It's black and ridiculously light and warm ... Couldn't be more perfect. Except that I forgot to say earlier that I somehow managed to loose my rain jacket that I had brought to be my primary jacket. No idea how I lost it ... But I did ... But anyway, my grandma gave me one I her jackets! So now I have a wonderful rain jacket and down jacket! My family is waaaaaaay too nice. Plus while we were looking at jackets I brought back the shoes that didn't work and got the ones that I now have on my feet haha. Then went to the Apple store and they replaced my ear buds for free! :) What a great day.
Wednesday was really nice, pretty much just hung out with my Grandma and made lunch for her and made lasagna for the second time ever! And yeah ... Just took it easy and Grandma and I watched some Glee and she told me a little bit about what it was like growing up in L.A. and what it was like to be inthe Internment camps during World War II and getting married in the camp too! Crazy. So then it became Thursday which really flew by and Toni and Jake took grandma and I out to grandma's favorite restaurant Fonda which is this amazing Mexican Tapa place .... Soooo good and then Grandma and I watched some more Glee and then I started packing ... Again ... Which was almost as hard as the first time . And then Friday ... Wow it really flew by ... I finished up packing and hung out with my grandma and then I headed to Les and Dan's cause they were making me a BBQ dinner and were going to take me to the airport :) . Oh I forgot! Before I left Grandma's house I took her for one last walk around the block ... But this time with her brand new walker! Very exciting :). Ha ha. Anyway that was great and then I started headin towards Palo Alto (where Les and Dan live). Except I somehow managed to make an hour long drive turn into an over two hour long drive! Gah curse you confusing Freeways! Ha ha but don't worry I haf planned on trying to beat the traffic (didn't work) so then unwound just have more time at Les and Dan's but oh well, I got there eventually and the dinner was amazing! Dan got two of the biggest steaks I've ever seen in my life and cooked them on the bbq and zuchinni and much more! Then they took me to the airport and I waited there door a couple hours then got on the plane and had a crazy long flight. At least the peoplebi was sitting with were nice, too bad the guy that was inthe aisle seat slept lie a log so I basically had to straddle him to get to the bathroom (thank goodness he didn't wake up while I was straddling him .... Awkward ... ) so I only went to the bathroom once the whole 13 hour flight! I'm proud. So then the plane landed in Sydney and Oh My Goodness it was such a beautiful morning ... We landed at 6 something so the sun was still rising and man it was gorgeous .... Then I transferred onto my flight to Melbourne which was weird cause the first flight had about 400 people on it. The second one had maybe 100 and it was still a huge plane ... Seemed like such a waste to have such a huge plane fly with so little people. Oh well ... I got to Melbourne, took the shuttle into town then I decided I'd rather walk to 7 or 8 blocks to the tram station instead of taking a taxi like the people at the airport told me. And it was beautiful! So glad I did that. Then got to the Punt Hill Apartments got my room, had a much needed shower and then headed out to explore the city :). I walked around the neighbourhood I'm staying in (south yarra) and then just started wandering and found myself on this beautiful walkway that goes along the Yarra River and followed that all the way back into town ... A pretty goo walk if I do say so myself. It's really cool on the walkway because there's all these park benches and BBQ pits and picnic tables and it has been a gorgeous day so it was totally busy with all these families and groups of people. So nice. And then once I got ink town more I found this Sunday market that was pretty cool and ate some Turkish food which was soooooo good and checked out the stalls and then checked out the Melbourne Arts Centre where they have a free Bell Shakespeare exhibit going on. Sooo I think that's just about everything ... I'm ginna go now ... My butt is getting sore. And it's kind of a pain to type this all out on my iPod ha ha sooooo gnight folks! I have arrives safe and sound on Melbourne and I will check in again as soon as I can! :). Sachi signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment